Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's on the reading list


The other day I realized how much my temporary bookshelf reflects what is going on in my life. It's temporary because I know if I add these books to any of my bookcases they will be forgotten. In fact I just realized that a few of my parenting books have been miss shelved and they haven't gotten much attention lately. If you can tell from this collection... I LOVE to read. Thanks Mom & Dad for paying me a dime a chapter to read when I was little. It's a priceless gift. If you're looking for a great deal on books check out http://www.half.com/ . I found that sight recently and my bookshelf has grown a lot recently. I've got a back up of books and not enough time to read them.

In this photo you'll see that building our addition is on our list. So is our adoption, church stuff, my book club. Book in different locations include my gardening books which are currently outside being used. We expanded and planted our garden this past weekend. The South Beach diet is in the kitchen... yes, I'm going to start that diet but not until after Easter. My parenting books have been moved back to the temporary shelf. My many magazines are in my favorite reading spots. I love Sunset, Family Fun, Lasting Moments (CM) , and Better Homes and Garden. My bible and study on the life of Daniel are in my book bag ready to take out to the sunshine to study and pray.

You know what is missing??? Travel books! Those are all in the permanent book shelves... but we do have a lot of them and we do plan to do something this summer to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.

Talking about all of these books and magazines makes me want to get outside and read... bye bye.

0 comments: